Au Pair Wage Suppression Settlement
The US permits au pairs to live and work in the US on J-1 visas. This lawsuit claims that the sponsors of the programs misrepresented that the au pair stipend was a fixed amount of $195.75 per week when in actuality that was a minimum amount. The complaint claims that the misrepresentation violated federal, state, and local laws, including antitrust laws on fixing wages. The lawsuit includes both a collective action under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and a class action. The sponsoring agencies who are defendants in this case include the following:
- InterExchange, Inc.
- Great AuPair, LLC
- AuPairCare Inc.
- Agent Au Pair
- Au Pair International, Inc.
- Cultural Care, Inc., d/b/a Cultural Care Au Pair
- APF Global Exchange NFP, d/b/a Aupair Foundation
- USA Au Pair, Inc.
- Expert Group International Inc., d/b/a Expert AuPair
- EurAuPair Intercultural Child Care Programs
- Cultural Homestay International
- American Institute for Foreign Study, d/b/a Au Pair in America
- 20/20 Care Exchange, Inc., d/b/a The International Au Pair Exchange
- A.P.E.X. American Professional Exchange LLC, d/b/a ProAuPair
- American Cultural Exchange LLC and GoAuPair Operations, LLC, d/b/a GoAuPair
Thursday, January 1, 2009 to Sunday, October 28, 2018