Au Pair Wage Suppression Settlement
Closed Settlement Statement:
According to court documents, the claim submission deadline has passed. Please contact the claims administrator if you have any questions.
The US permits au pairs to live and work in the US on J-1 visas. This lawsuit claims that the sponsors of the programs misrepresented that the au pair stipend was a fixed amount of $195.75 per week when in actuality that was a minimum amount. The complaint claims that the misrepresentation violated federal, state, and local laws, including antitrust laws on fixing wages. The lawsuit includes both a collective action under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and a class action. The sponsoring agencies who are defendants in this case include the following:
- InterExchange, Inc.
- Great AuPair, LLC
- AuPairCare Inc.
- Agent Au Pair
- Au Pair International, Inc.
- Cultural Care, Inc., d/b/a Cultural Care Au Pair
- APF Global Exchange NFP, d/b/a Aupair Foundation
- USA Au Pair, Inc.
- Expert Group International Inc., d/b/a Expert AuPair
- EurAuPair Intercultural Child Care Programs
- Cultural Homestay International
- American Institute for Foreign Study, d/b/a Au Pair in America
- 20/20 Care Exchange, Inc., d/b/a The International Au Pair Exchange
- A.P.E.X. American Professional Exchange LLC, d/b/a ProAuPair
- American Cultural Exchange LLC and GoAuPair Operations, LLC, d/b/a GoAuPair
Thursday, January 1, 2009 to Sunday, October 28, 2018